Why Should I consider Sublingual Immunotherapy (SLIT)?
- It is relatively safe and effective in reducing or even treating allergy.
- It reduces long term allergy medication burden.
- It is easy to use, can be self-administered at home.
- It reduces the risk of acquiring asthma.
How to Use the SLIT Spray?
- Hold the spray with your dominant hand.
- Raise your tongue and direct the nozzle spray underneath your tongue.
- Repeat the procedure daily.
Do I Need to Stop Other Allergy Medications when I am on Sublingual Immunotherapy?
You do not usually need to stop your other medications for allergy treatment. However, over time, you may need less of your medications as the sublingual immunotherapy has effectively reduce your allergy symptoms.
If you are concerned of any medications interacting with sublingual immunotherapy, you can speak to your doctor.
How long do I need to use the SLIT Spray? Can I abort the treatment before the recommended time frame?
The recommended duration of treatment is 3-5 years. In the event of you stopping the treatment before 3 years, the effectivity of allergy improvement may not sustain over time.
Where should I store my SLIT Spray?
You are advised to keep the spray in the refrigerator at a temperature of 2-8C. Having said that, the spay is safe and stable at a temperature below 25C.
Any Travelling Tips?
It is relatively hassle-free. Check with your airlines, as passengers are usually allowed to hand carry when travel by air, and stored it in a small bag with an ice pack.
Is there are other options of Sublingual Immunotherapy?
Yes, speak to your doctor for other options